9 - Connection
12 - Grow

Left Side
Hour - Station/Room
15 - Meditate
18 - Strength
21 - Sexuality
24 - Magic/Creation from nothing

Cool. You've got 2 "creation" themed stations. How do you see distinguishing them? A lot of people would consider "magic" and "from nature" to be almost synonymous.

JAY

The first is construction with wood carving and sculpting with stone

the second is also made of the same materials but I imagine a lot more color and the connection is intentional because philosophically I agree with you but each has it's own emotional and power connotations.

The first one more like "Legos" and the second more like "Harry Potter" to use pop culture references.

Ok, that makes sense

JAY

Thanks for the question. The more I babble about it, the more I understand it myself.

Sure.

I was just thinking that it might be a good idea to have "saints" statues

Like images of Rosie the Riveter or Sally Ride. Stuff like that

JAY

Yes. please share any icons that make sense to you. i would like to have candle lighting setup near each station.

This is one of the statues the started the idea for me

That's the one that you were talking about last night, right?

JAY

yep

There's something that I'm not sure how to put into words but I'm going to try. Women are usually thought of as being "bodies" or "connections." They give birth and they work for family and community. (There's a side tangent about how this feeds into dominionist/anti-feminist attitudes that I'll save for later.) There's very little that honors women that talks about "mind" or "intelligence." That should be called out in some way.

Besides an Admiral Grace Hopper icon, that is.

JAY

Love it thank you. Maybe that is a better name for the first create room because that is what it is about

Yay...I feel like I've contributed now. haha

JAY

I was also thinking about that for the Birth room which is why I wanted to make it about the birth of a woman... not a man being born

You could use "birth" both literally and metaphorically. Childbirth or a women finding her identity.

JAY

It's going to take a lot of work to convey that

If I started a forum for this, would you like to comment and help it develop?

Sure.

JAY
ok. let me get that going. I'd like to do it on my Jazfry project so I can build interactive pieces to it as it grows and have control over integrating stuff.

Women's Cathedral

A grand structure to inspire awe and celebrate women.

Note from the Team

Reno and Sparks Nevada are innovation hot-spots. I recently heard a visitor compare what he sees here to the revolutionary energy he witnessed at the beginning of the environmental movement before there was an Environmental Movement.

Entrepreneurs, Big business, and tourists are looking at Reno a whole new way.
Jazfry.com
RenoSparks.org
__